- The average life expectancy for men was 47 years.
- Fuel for this car was sold in drug stores only.
- Only 14 percent of the homes had a bathtub.
- Only 8 percent of the homes had a telephone.
- There were only 8,000 cars and only 144 miles of paved roads.
- The maximum speed limit in most cities was 10 mph.
- The tallest structure in the world was the Eiffel Tower!
- The average US wage in 1910 was 22 cents per hour.
- The average US worker made between $200 and $400 per year.
- A competent accountant could expect to earn $2000 per year, A dentist $2,500 per year,
a veterinarian between $1,500 and $4,000 per year, and a mechanical engineer about
$5,000 per year.
- More than 95 percent of all births took place at home.
Ninety percent of all Doctors had NO COLLEGE EDUCATION!
Instead, they attended so-called medical schools, many of which were condemned in the press
AND the government as 'substandard.'
- Sugar cost four cents a pound.
- Eggs were fourteen cents a dozen.
- Coffee was fifteen cents a pound.
- Most women only washed their hair once a month, and used Borax or egg yolks for shampoo.
- Canada passed a law that prohibited poor people from entering into their country for any reason.
- The American flag had 45 stars. But in 1907 there were 46 states !!!???
- The population of Las Vegas , Nevada was only 30!
Crossword puzzles, canned beer, and iced tea hadn't been invented yet.
- There was no Mother's Day or Father's Day.
- Two out of every 10 adults couldn't read or write and only 6 percent of all Americans had
graduated from high school.
- There were about 230 reported murders in the entire United States!
- The Five leading causes of death were:
- Pneumonia and influenza
- Heart disease
Even though the causes of death are different now days, the statistics haven't changed: 10 out of 10 people die. The Bible says that it's appointed once for man to die, and after this comes judgment. Do you think when you die you'll be innocent before God? Well, let's take a look at the standard by which you'll be judged: the 10 Commandments.
The ninth commandment is you shall not bare false witness (tell a lie). Have you ever lied? The eighth commandment states "You shall not steal." Have you ever taken anything that didn't belong to you, irrespective of it's value? The seventh commandment is "You shall not commit adultery" and Jesus magnified that law by stating if you even look at someone with lust you've already committed adultery in your heart with that person. So if you've broken those laws God sees you as a lying thief and adulterer at heart. On Judgment day when you stand before God will you be innocent or guilty? If you're honest with yourself, you know you'll be guilty. And should God therefore send you to heaven or hell?
The Bible says that God will punish all murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, adulterers, etc. He will even judge our words and thoughts. On Judgment Day, will you be found to be innocent or guilty of breaking His commandments?
Perhaps you think that God is good, and will therefore overlook your sins. But it is His goodness that will make sure that murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, etc. receive justice. He would be a corrupt Judge if He turned a blind eye to injustice.
You may say that you are still good, but God says you’re not (see Psalm 14:2-3). So one of you is lying, and the Scriptures tell us that it is impossible for God to lie. Remember that all liars will be cast into the Lake of Fire (Revelation 21:8). God’s Law demands justice, and the penalty for sinning against Him is death and Hell. Listen carefully, if you want to live.
God Himself made a way where His justice and His goodness could meet. We broke the Law, but He became a man to pay the fine. Jesus Christ suffered and died on the cross to satisfy the Law. God can forgive us and grant us the gift of everlasting life!
But you may still think that you can (from now on) keep the Ten Commandments. But isn’t it true that the best of us have lied, stolen, lusted, hated, failed to love God above all else, and failed to love our neighbor as ourselves?
How can we then, live a “good” life if we have already sinned against God? At best we are reformed liars and thieves … but still Lawbreakers. The Bible says, “For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.” You cannot earn a gift.
When Jesus said to “believe” on Him, He was saying we should have faith in Him, in the same way you would trust a parachute to save you when you jump from a plane. You don’t merely believe in the parachute - you put it on.
Please don’t “jump” without Jesus. If you die in your sins there is no second chance. God will give you justice, and you will end up in Hell forever. Any troubles you have at present are dwarfed by the trouble you are in with your Creator. His wrath abides upon you (John 3:36).
God doesn’t want you to go to Hell. Neither do you want to go there, so confess your sins to God right now, put your trust in Jesus to save you, and you will pass from death to life. Then read the Bible daily and obey what you read. (See John 14:21). Your obedience to God is the proof of your love. Have faith in God, He will never fail you.
~ by God's Grace